- PDX Trees: Canopy Analytics – A New & Comprehensive Look at the Portland Metro Urban Forest! Stunning interactive LiDAR data.
- Jennings Lodge Trees still Threatened!
- Measuring Tree height in Google Earth. 3D canopy, and Street view.
- Portland used to have 300 foot tall Douglas fir!
- Tallest Trees in Eastmoreland could be cut down ; Three 150 foot Sequoias
Pacific Forests on UPDATE! Prehistoric Giants of… Pacific Forests on Portland used to have 300 foot… John Hext-Fremlin on UPDATE! Prehistoric Giants of… Derptacular on Portland used to have 300 foot… Kenneth Cohen on Patagonian Giants, the Ona Tri…
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Argentavis, the 25 foot terror bird. Teratorns (from the Greek Τερατορνις Teratornis, ‘monster bird’) were very large birds of prey that lived in North and South America from Miocene to Pleistocene. They include some of the largest known flying birds. … Continue reading
The Short Face bear, Arctodus Simus often stood 11 to 12 feet tall on two legs, weighed about 2,000 lbs. Very large males may have reached 13 to 15 feet tall on two legs in my opinion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-faced_bear From Wikipedia: … Continue reading