- PDX Trees: Canopy Analytics – A New & Comprehensive Look at the Portland Metro Urban Forest! Stunning interactive LiDAR data.
- Jennings Lodge Trees still Threatened!
- Measuring Tree height in Google Earth. 3D canopy, and Street view.
- Portland used to have 300 foot tall Douglas fir!
- Tallest Trees in Eastmoreland could be cut down ; Three 150 foot Sequoias
Kenneth Cohen on Patagonian Giants, the Ona Tri… Pacific Forests on Patagonian Giants, the Ona Tri… Book Review: Ancient… on Patagonian Giants, the Ona Tri… Darvel T Lloyd on PDX Trees: Canopy Analytics… rephaim23 on Jennings Lodge Trees still…
Tag Archives: Portland trees
PDX Trees: Canopy Analytics – A New & Comprehensive Look at the Portland Metro Urban Forest! Stunning interactive LiDAR data.
Canopy Analytics My friend Darvel Lloyd recently forwarded me a link to this fantastic new interactive map of the Portland metropolitan area’s urban canopy. Individual trees have been mapped and plotted from 2014 LiDAR data for the whole of the … Continue reading
Google earth urban forestry height assessment of Portland Metropolitan area based on Photogrammetric renderings. Using my own measurements of some standing trees via Suunto Inclinometer, and comparing them to these digital renderings, I’d say the accuracy in Google earth is … Continue reading